Dr Fraser Wright
MBBS, FRACP, FRCPA, BSc
Suite 305-307, Level 3
Westside Private Hospital
32 Morrow Street Taringa, QLD 4068
T: (07) 3833 6747
F: (07) 3833 6729
Gastroenterology Clinics Queensland
Suite 3/18 Limestone Street,
Ipswich QLD 4305
The Wesley Private Hospital
Greenslopes Private Hospital
About Dr Fraser Wright
Dr Fraser Wright is a Brisbane based Clinical and Laboratory Haematologist who is part of the Haematology Queensland (HQ) private practice group. HQ is an independently owned group of 3 Brisbane Haematologists who have the ambition of offering a unique personalised approach to Haematology.
Fraser completed medical training at the University of Queensland in 2005, and went on to physician training, specialising in Haematology. He underwent rotations at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and Greenslopes Private Hospital, completing his advanced training at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in 2015, before undergoing fellowship the following year.
Fraser brings a unique skill set to the team and is focused on providing an individual treatment pathway that is tailored to every patient. This is created by:
- MDT meetings with all affiliated healthcare professionals
- Communication with patients, their families and healthcare team, taking the time to fully explain diagnosis through to the treatment process
- Having a strong focus on best practice, attending international and local conferences and professional development seminars
He has a diverse interest in the diagnosis and management in both malignant and non-malignant haematological issues, including:
- Work up and management of Anaemia, Leukopenia and Thrombocytopenia
- Thrombosis & Haemostasis
- Iron related disorders
- Paraproteins and plasma cell dyscrasias, including Multiple Myeloma
- Myeloproliferative disorders including, Polycythaemia, ET, Myelofibrosis, and CML
- Work up of other abnormal Full Blood Counts and lymphadenopathy.
Dr Wright is combining his private practice with laboratory sessions at QML Pathology. He is passionate about reducing travel time for patients and providing top quality care close to home. Fraser will be offering consultation sessions and in-hospital care at the Westside Private Hospital as well as outpatient consultations in Ipswich.